For various reasons, you may have to step out of town. Instead of asking your friends to take care of your dog or cat, how about selecting a reliable pet boarding facility? Many pet owners even rely on these services for daycare, especially when they are away at work for long hours. Finding Raleigh pet boarding services shouldn’t be hard, but before you select one, here are some aspects worth knowing.
What does a pet boarding facility offer?
If you check for options in Raleigh, you will find many facilities that take care of dogs and cats alike. However, not all pet boarding centers are same, and it’s important to figure out the services first. Besides overnight boarding and daycare, many centers also offer other services, such as –
- Pet taxi
- Pet grooming
- Pet spa
Comprehensive services are always handy, especially if you have to leave your dog behind for more than one day. You need to know if the basic grooming, bathing and care will be provided.
Look for the primary aspects
We recommend that you ask some of these questions –
- How many staff members work at the pet boarding facility at a given time?
- Are your teams trained and experienced?
- Do you arrange for play hours?
- What kind of exercises are included?
- Are separate kennels, rooms and suites available for dogs and cats?
- Who can be contacted for updates on my pet?
- Can you arrange for pickup from my place?
- Is pet grooming or bathing included in extended boarding?
- Do you have visiting vets?
- What food is provided to pets?
Other things to consider
If you intend to use a pet boarding facility regularly, we strongly recommend that you visit the center and check for arrangements in person. At any given point of time, pets shouldn’t be left unattended, and the facility should have a decent ratio of pets to staff members. You can also ask them about pet spa and other pampering services that can be booked for your little pooch. A good pet boarding ensures that owners have all the updates on a regular basis, and you can expect to have one contact number for any further queries, especially if your dog is sensitive or needs extra attention.
Check now to shortlist pet boarding facilities inRaleigh, and don’t forget to check for reviews. If needed, you can ask the boarding service for references too.